Monday, June 8, 2009

NEW BAG NEEDED - Wishlist

I need a bag and I can't make up my mind.

Im very temperamental, Im feeling like i have a short bag specific attention span. My mission last week was to buy a not too pricey (eek) Huge Hillier Hobo by Marc Jacobs. Luckily i missed out on an auction and the next day was in DJs chaddy where they're stocking a small collection of M by MJ. I tried the Hillier- omg, it was COMICALLY huge!!! Exactly what i was trying to avoid since i had the yellow Mimco bag last year (which looked ok in person, but for some reason in photos completely dwarfed me) Plus the strap was an awkward length across my boobs. Unsuitable purchase averted!!!

Ebay is making me feel better about buying a bag, Even if it's a bit pricey. I desperately need to save for my holiday overseas, and at the same time i need a new bag for my holiday overseas, right!?

So i was introduced to Rebecca Minkoff by a girl at work. Her bags are seriously amazing. i would die to have the navy with the long strap.

This style is called Morning After Mini Strap in Lapis. Nice! ..
This style is $595 US on Revolve clothing!!! I want an investment bag (to a degree, i do have a price point i can't go over- this would be an absolute max!! - if i wasnt going OS) but then i think for this kind of price, i would want the bag to be the most amazing thing on the planet. And i think this Morning After is just a little plain.

A more economical option would be this Rebecca Minkoff i found on ebay last week.. it went unsold for 275US (around 340 AU) ... that seems reasonable considering the massive rip similar mimco bags are these days. I LOVE the blue colour, but moreso LOVE the bright orange (CORAL) coloured trim!!!...

Problem is, i would have to buy a seperate strap.. which go for 40US! Then once you factor in postage for both items, and the crappy conversion rate.... then the bag begins to be a big investment again. Damn.

I was thinking about maybe offering less for the bag, as i know it wont be everyone's cup of tea.. but not sure. It has a waterstain on the bottom, which is something i would probably do to the bag in 5 minutes, but then for that price i kinda want something in perfect condition. So this is a TBC.


This next bag is a tale of lost love. I think this See by Chloe bag that was sold on ebay overnight (265US = around 329AU) I would have paid every penny- even tho i am saving up for going overseas, this bag is perfect in every way, and i would treasure it FOR EVER.
WOAH.. then i saw the lining... this bag is a flipping dream. I will forever be scanning ebay to make sure i never miss this lil number again...

Seriously, a tear to my eye. Why dont all bags do amazing lining, i would feel so much happier peering in here to grab my possibly empty wallet, than i would any other bag!


I can't be too sad because i did buy a see by chloe ethnic print dress on ebay on friday on my sickie. It could go either way - whilst it's gorgeous and stunning SBC silk print, it might look like a sack!! We'll see when it arrives...

Finally, Marc by Marc Jacobs. I feel like im being so boring, but the turnlock series (including this Quinn turnlock, currently on ebay for 160US/199AU) but it seems like id use it forever. I just want to not worry about bags for ages.. i really want to curb my spending I really doooo!!!...

And whilst im happy with my glomesh granny purse, i saw this MJ one on ebay last night and fell in love, thePatent lemon Yellow colour is GORGEOUS...

And again, the lining is flipping gorgeous! Stars and spots...
I'd also consider this amazing Chloe Kerala Horse Charm wallet if i needed one....

DON'T NEED DON'T NEED ... moving along..


So whilst still on the topic of ebay, and the fact i have been on the couch all weekend due to sick bf/ general sense of malaise.. i have refallen in love with this gorgeous marc by marc jacobs top. I die for the blue studs- the only problem is that the back is solid pink. I know this sounds silly, but for some reason that makes me not love it AS MUCH - i thik about me wearing jeans with my muffy top + the solid pink on the back... damn.


it is super lovely tho.. and did get a full round of thumbs up from the work crew..

PURCHASES I DID MAKE OVER THE WEEKEND...

Get set for the biggest bargain ever! I scored these incredible brand new, authentic MARNI flats on ioffer!?!?! (guaranteed authentic, and totally trust the seller having scanned their background + the fact the only had one pair in a 40.5) they were $120 INCL shipping from the states!!! CAN U BELIEVE IT!!! I am over the moon. They are my day shoes for Romania! hehe...

I wish the bunny motif would never wear off!! Great colour...


Okay. thats all. Now i'm going to lust after HOUSE OF HARLOW jewelery!!! maybe ill see if nick wants to buy me somethin for my birthday- JOKE! no presents this year!!! no no no spend.

No comments: