Saturday, November 14, 2009

My Amazing new friend... RUMPOL!!

WOW OH WOW OH WOW.
Lps and I were driving home from the city when out of my periphery I spotted an Exotic Shorthair on the side of the road. I applied the brakes hard (much to LP's fright) and we jumped out to have a look (my insistence). This was because I LOVE breeds of cat with smooshed up faces, and being a pure breed, you rarely see them outside- this was a unique opportunity afterall ;)

When we got closer I realised his eyes were all pussy and infected (in fact I was scared to touch him), he was filthy, had spurs in his fur, and matted & muddy feet. Lps thought he must be a stray, but given he was wearing a collar, we thought he must be just lost. I tried calling his owner, no response, so i picked him up and walked him home so I could take him to the vet.

He settled in with aplomb! Straight away he was sashaying around the house, being super cute. SO MUCH PERSONALITY! I totally fell in love with him. I called him RUMPOL. I tried cleaning up his eyes, but he got a bit shirty when I did it, so I left him be. I fed him a platter of ham, smoked trout + roast chicken, and he gobbled the lot down as though he hadn't eaten in a week!

Such a cute little baby.... he hung out with us all afternoon. I reported him at the pound, and tried calling his owner all afternoon. Finally I get through, and it's this dotty old lady around the corner! (we actually picked the kitty up from outside her own house! And He was actually a she)

The old lady says she gets calls all the time from people who pick her up..
BECAUSE SHE IS IN SUCH BAD CONDITION - DUH!?!?

She looks neglected. When she was rolling around on her back, even her tummy was all dirty and matted I tried explaining to her that I only picked her up because of the condition, and made a point of this, but she seemed oblivious to what i was saying and kept apologising for the bother of the cat being at our house.

She trotted back with us around the corner like a dog. Such an obedient little thing.

Checking out the Aloe Plant...
Being smooshy with the aloe plant..

Trotting along with us...

LPs and RUMPOL get aquainted, without hayfever- amazing.A little cuddle before you get home..
Bye bye...
Looking glam with the cat. Doing her little wave .. bye bye!

I hope she comes and visitsfor meatstuffs (but not looking so shabby next time, If I see her again and she looks in that condition I guess I need to think about doing something??)

No comments: