Monday, September 21, 2009

Alice - final part.

Okay, so i just updated on Willow, and I don't want to be excessively detailed, but in the time i started to feel nauceous, to the time it took to upload some pics, Ive been terribly ill! I have this overwhelming chemical taste... I wonder what that's all about! Nick's brought the heater in for me, which is a relief as i was starting to feel like my temperature had dropped right down to sub freezing. brrrrrrrruurrghghg.

Okay, so have decided that my research pics are no longer going to be lost in folders on the group drive at work, rather I want to remember all the recces!.. So this is Alice Pt. 3.

So.. Alice.. I went along to a heat of the Bushfoods competition, which was being broadcast on ABC live. I planned to talk to the judges and contestants, but because of this live feed, it made my plans impossible! Here is the menu for the day...

I had a bush orange, that had been pickled and looked like an oversized caper. It was mouldy, slimey and made me feel quite ill in the stomach.

Next up, a trip to Ooraminna Cattle Station, which id had to cancel half way there a couple of days earlier. This was better because the trip was a cinch without the rain! (although it did feel as though i might blow a tyre from all the rocks on the road!)

On the way.. 25km from Alice ...

Road into the property.. lovely smooth experience on this road.. check out the amazing red dirt! ahh..
Driving in, they're surrounded by ranges and it's quite spectacular.. i thought this small rocky outcrop made a pretty pic..
The Drovers Boy (movie) was shot here in exchange for the 80s. In exchange for free use of the cattle station to film, the director built the sets to last, and now they have their own "Outback Town" on site..
The pub, there's some young dudes there, they kept yelling out at me, and i politely ignored them... apparently they were locals setting up for a wedding, something to do with a paraplegic..
Cooking utensils and odds and ends..
I am a vile, disgusting, foul mouthed beast. I did not brush my teeth the whole time i was there as I never got around to buying a brush. Was over the moon to see these toothpicks- not only could i clean my teeth up a bit, but i could also look like a local hick whilst doing so...

Anyways moving along.. I moved out on Sunday night .. tinky ran out as though she knew? Here she is being a spazzo fence smoosher as i started the car to drive awaayyy...

And also, i've attempted to spend my token on the weekend, but alas.. wanted to record it in all it's medallion glory..
Woowooo.. save it for sydney in a couple of weeks!?
ok. would be keen now for my tummy to settle and to have the perfect night's sleep on my new Laura Ashley sheets (went nuts buying things today! Room starting to look lived in, yay)

No comments: