Saturday, May 29, 2010

This week


Last week LPs took me ice skating at Melbourne's Icehouse at Docklands. Yowserama! Fun city!


I think we made a couple of mistakes-
1. Sunday afternoon (insane kids session, children going down everywhere, every moment! I swear their lil fingers on ice are asking for some slicing!)
2. My personal mistake- forgetting socks! Yep.. I am officially gross, I ice skated in the hire boots without socks. Ended up with hideous blisters. After waiting in the long queue to get in, i felt like I had to grin and bare it!


On Tuesday I went out to Buxton to shoot a story on a fish farm that has recovered since the fires. It was good fun, and despite predictions of rain, it never kicked in.

I wanted to do some salmon milking.... ie, squeeze a salmon's tummy so all their eggs spray out. This is Caviar! I had no idea what it was going to look like, and was slightly disturbed when I saw how it happened. It's like a hose of eggs.. then the salmon goes all weird floppy and limp as it's placed back in the water. In shock, it then takes a few moments to get moving again. In fact, you would swear the fish is so traumatised that it just died.

Nikcky was an excellent sport and gave it a go...




We've had a nightly addition lately to the local soundscape lately ... Strange goings-ons along the train line, loud machinery, flashing lights. During the week I climbed up on the back fence and tried to get a sense of what was going on. No idea, but it sure looks creepy!

No comments: