Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Bits and Pieces

I did a few things over the weekend... I bought some sewing patterns, some floral fabrics, and Georgie and I had a sewing bee. Normally when it comes to sewing, I just decide what I'm going to do, visualise the shape it needs to be, and get to work! More often than not I choose an existing top i have, and use that as my guide by cutting around it's shape. My training is minimal so Im prone to sewing up a storm with excitement, only to ruin the piece at the 11th hour with a crappy hemline or a snagged underarm.

If only I'd invested in a good sewing machine rather than a mediocre one. Whilst it's served me okay up until now, I'm finding the inconsistencies, lax tension, and varied stitching make things ten times harder than they need to be.

Anyways, this pattern is a sinch. I have made two floral dresses in this shape on the right... the Egypt travel guides are for the crew I'm sending to Egypt. Lucky them.

Here's the second!
(the first, a blue floral, suffers as one armhole is inexplicably smaller than the other!?

GREAT fabric. It's a super lightweight cotton. Still some finishing touches to go...


Sunday Evening I did something so completely out of the ordinary.....


I went to the football... for the second time ever!

It was a twilight match, Essendon vs Saints. We had tix to the Medallion Club, so we drank watery mid-strength beer- I managed to read the paper, and catch up with my phone scrabble games!


I almost wore this floral dress out of the house, but decided at the last minute I just wasn't pulling it off. I don't know what to do, it's SO adorable, SO on the money when it comes to my fanatical love of floral fabric.. but something in me won't allow it to leave the house!



Here's a tricky one. I bought this dress (because that colour is so fab!) from Indigo.. but after trying it on it today, it looks so terribly crumbled and sad. I'm tempted to take it back for this reason and exchange it.. the top section is ribbbed, and already feels like it's going to stretch out. What should I do... HMMM.


And in keeping with my recent loss after loss (cardigan after cardigan!) i lost my favourite pair of Nikes- the ones I bought in Berlin last year when I could barely walk in my thongs due to major blisterage! I have no idea where they've gone, but I've waited a week and they've not shown up. In order to not talk myself out of working out, i bought a new pair of Asics.

I just took em for a spin around the block!

No comments: