Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Ye Olde Silk Jersey Vintage Bounty


woo... hoo!

I've nabbed a few bargains in the last few days. Woohoo! Last week I picked up a Bounty from Chadstone VIP Night at.... Sussans! Of all places. It all looks like Witchery and Country Road. I have heard they are doing a revamp.

The most exciting find however was at the local Hawthorn op Shop. I strolled past on my (brand new attempt at a habit) lunchtime walk, and discovered a whole world of my favourite thing in the whole world- French 70s silk jersey!! wahh! I only blogged about it a week or so ago!!!


So imagine my shock/ excitement/ craziness to find a bunch of Racine of Paris on the racks! $10 a pop! I can only assume a rich old lady from Hawthorn died.... as LPs would joke, I'm wearing my new dresses covered in "corpse juice"!


Silk Popping pink Racine of Paris wraparound dress that I wore to work today.
Ignore the mess. I've been a lil lazy lately.

With my CABLE cardigan which has got... since last winter....ARGH... moth holes on the back of the arms.
AAAAAARRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHH



This one's got great sleeves.... a lil tight... but should be OK by next Summer! (with the lunchtime walking plan and all! haha)

Sleeve detail... semi visible!
Geez Im looking tired. Blame work. Blame sitting at my desk until late tonight finishing a script.
Blame a desire to sleep all morning and not wake up until late late late!


Additional Racine Dresses... the ones I need to adjust a lil, so I won't post the full thing, but focus on the delightful prints. Ahhh Silk jersey i love you...

This one is very tight on my bottom, but it has this awesome fabric sheath over the front. I am contemplating making it a top. It has such a granny feel, unless I made some serious adjustments as a dress i cannae wear it! Great colours though..

This one's a wrap - it's just not working with a belt.
I'll try it again, or pop on ebay!?

Racine Paris wool yellow cardigan, perfect condition, with a silk jersey striped trim.
SOOOOO lovely. I am sensitive as hell to wool, and this one prickles like crazy, so not sure whether to sell or hold onto... Im a serious sucker for yella!

Perri Cutten Tartan tee- so cool!!!
60s print scarf.

I also pulled out the ol' Fleur Wood linen floral shift mini this week.
It may be a favourite purchase ever.

Worn with a newbie Sussans cardigan I scored in the stack of purchases for around 80% off!
'
With my dr denim jeans and my gold booties!

2 comments:

Cotton Socks said...

Don't sell the yellow jacket!
It's awesome and v unique.
Google ways to make it less itchy
Talc powder?

Raihana said...

Bonjour j'ai une robe racine mais je ne sait pas qu'elle est sont prix .elle est de couleur rose clair rose foncé et blanche elle est sublime peut-tu m'aider merci